Saturday, September 19, 2015

 

Empowering Youth & Parents at They Return Back-2-School

What a blessed time I had with the women and young ladies of New Galilee Missionary Baptist Church. I was the guest speaker for their back-2-school event. The scriptural text that the event was based on comes from Philippians 4:13, which says: "I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me."

I delivered a word specific to the parents, including making their child's teacher their BFF, checking their child's grades online weekly, volunteering and joining the PTSA, asking their child specific questions to engage their academic experience and, of course, praying with their child.
For the young ladies in the room, I implored them to sit in the front of the class, ask their teachers for help, form a study group, get involved in school, don't be a bystander with regard to a bully, aim high (getting straight A's is possible), be themselves and to pray when they feel overwhelmed.
After the event, I talked to moms and grand moms with specific concerns they had. And, most certainly we smiled for the camera.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to Mrs. Thelma Cuffee of the Women's Ministry who asked me to present to the women and young ladies of the church. Also, bless you First Lady. Mrs. Lucy, who traveled just to see me, spoke a serious word of life and blessings over me, and I thank her for that.
I am so full, grateful for the opportunity to sow into the lives of women and live out my calling and passion.

 

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]