Written by Feona Sharhran Huff
Needed Supplies: Magazines, photos, poster board, scissors, glue, tape, markers and lot of creativity
A lot of us have goals that we’d like to accomplish. However, wanting to achieve them and creating a vision in order to achieve them are two different things. That’s why making a vision board is very important. A vision board mirrors the life that you’d like to live. Because we are visual people by nature, what we see is what we believe and move forward to achieve. So how do you put one together? There are 5 steps. Take heed and watch your comes become a reality.
1. Have a sitdown with yourself and consider your goals: What is it that you really want to accomplish? Find a nice comfortable chair, take a seat and focus on what you desire for your life. Then, write your goals down on a piece of paper.
2. Cut out pictures from magazines that mirror the life you’d like to live: Browse through magazines that you like to read with the goal of finding pictures that reflect the goals you have for your life. You can also cut out words that say exactly what you want. For example, if you find the word “Millionaire at 40”, cut it out!
3. Decorate your vision board: Use glue to begin to piece together your vision board. Get creative using your photos, words and any other decorations you deem worthy of making your board speak to you.
4. Hang up your vision board in a visible location: Find a place in your house to hang up your vision board. Place it somewhere in which you can see it often. You want to look at it as many times as possible. The more you see, the more you will get the excited, the more you will go after your goals.
5. Get busy: Congrats on completing your vision board. Now, the real work begins. You now have to take daily action steps in order to accomplish your goals. If you want to get out of debt, for example, action steps may include getting a copy of your credit reports, sitting down with a financial advisor, only paying cash for items as opposed to using a credit card, making a list before you go out shopping and sticking to it .