Sunday, June 1, 2014

 

Color Me Bright

As a dark-skinned girl growing up,  I stayed away from bright colors. I did this because - although I was confident with who I was and content with the complexion God had blessed me with - I didn't see girls who shared my color donning bright orange, yellow,  green,  hot pink, etc.  We stuck to blue,  brown,  black and gray.

However,  as I got older and began to play with my fashion color palette more and more,  bright colors started calling my name.  And, I answered. I realized that my complexion,  which I call "Au Chocolate",  worked wonderfully with the bright colors I chose to wear. My favorite color is now burnt orange. I love brights.  I can't live without them.

Whatever your complexion is,  I dare you to be bold and go bright. You will feel alive and great just like I feel.


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]