Friday, November 23, 2012

 

POWERHOUSE POINTER (Don’t Tear Down Your House -- Stay In It and Build It Up!)


As a solo mommy with a busy schedule and children who have an even busier schedule, it’s needless to say that me, Lady Clara and Sir Isaac are always on the move. We’re out more than we are home between community events, church, school games that my daughter cheers for, mime rehearsal and performances for my son, networking events, on and on and on. I’m always changing bags to fit my wardrobe and because time is tight, the purses accumulate. So do the fliers, brochures and promotional material that I collect from the affairs that I attend.

When I finally end up home to do bring it down and get rest, my heart says “get to the papers” but my body is like “you can wait until another time”. The accumulation keeps coming if I don’t take care of it. But if I’m not in the house to deal with it as I should, the build up will continue. In the NIV version of the Bible, Proverbs 14:1 says: “The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. I got to thinking real hard about this because I want my home to be a strong foundation for my children to know and appreciate order. If I am out all the time and never home to take care of home, what am I teaching them? 

So, this POWERHOUSE has decided to slow down a bit so that I can take care of home as I should. I advise you to do the same. ~ Feona Sharhran Huff, Founder & CEO of Powerhouse Media Group

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]