Wednesday, April 18, 2012

 

POWERHOUSE POINTER #49 (What's Your Backup Plan?!)

"This evening I will be attending a casting call for a natural hair documentary called Ms. Nappy Combs: Her Journey Her Natural Hair" in Norfolk, VA. I was scheduled this morning to get my mohawk retwisted by the fiercest female barber in Virginia. However, when I called the shop to confirm me coming in, I was told that she was sick and wouldn't be coming in. I then called my barber on her cell. She apologized for not being able to do my hair due to her illness. I understood. But, I was a bit disappointed. That's because she knows how to truly hook up my hair in a way I've never seen it done. So what was I going to do next? Thankfully, I have two other barbers as a backup when my NUMERO UNO isn't available. I just made my appointment and will be heading out in a few to get my 'do right! This is a lesson for us all in every area of our life. We must make sure that we have a backup plan because we never know when emergencies will come up, things fall apart and the things we planned    won't go our way. Have a backup plan will always save the day. It surely did for me. I'm looking forward to tonight and I feel great that I'm going to walk in their with a fresh cut. If you're a woman with natural hair living in the Hampton Roads area and want to attend tonight's casting call, it will take place from 6 to 8 pm at Huntersville Community Center, 830 Goff Street, Norfolk, VA 23504. Prior to coming, please email Tanya "Poetikk Justice" Shell (one of the executive producers) with two photos of you before you had natural hair and two photos currently with natural hair as well as a short bio to poetikkjustice@yahoo.com. Good luck! See you there!" ~Feona Sharhran Huff, Founder & CEO of Powerhouse Media Group

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]