Monday, January 23, 2012

 

POWERHOUSE POINTER (TM) #44 (Face Your Fears)

My son, Sir Isaac, along with myself and his sister, Lady Clara, were walking home from the library this evening. Walking on the side of the street that has a pond and lots of trees can admittedly seem scary when passing by at night. Sir Isaac revealed that he was a bit scared. To ease his fears, I told him to think positively; that everything was going to be all right. I even suggested that we cross over to the other side as I understood his concern. "No, that's fine mom," he immediately replied. "I guess I'm going to face my fears." I was so proud of Sir Isaac. He could have very well taken me up on my offer, but he decided to "tough it out", which in turn (I believe) strengthened his confidence. In that brief moment, my second born had taught me a profoundly valuable lesson. The next time I get frightened to pursue something, I'm going to remember tonight and simply face my fear head on. Thanks in advance Sir Isaac for a boost in my confidence. ~ Feona Sharhran Huff, Founder & CEO of Powerhouse Media Group (TM)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]