Thursday, December 8, 2011

 

You Never Know Who You're Sitting Beside and What is His/Her Story

Sir Isaac, Lady Clara and I headed to our regular spot to set up our laptops at the library just now. Two gentleman were already sitting at the table when we arrived. We greeted them and went about our businesses. Something seemed special about these gentlemen. They had their workbooks out with sentences underlined and were exchanging questions and answers.

A few minutes into sitting there, I asked the gentleman what were they studying. The one seated beside my son showed me the cover of his book and shared that they were recovering alcoholics trying to get their lives together. I congratulated them and said that we all have times in our lives when we have to get it together. I bidded him a Southern Comfort-style smile and continued what I was doing. 

You never know what the person sitting next to you has gone through. That's why you can't be judgemental of anyone. No one is better than the other. We just have "seasons" when life seems to be smoother or harder than others. It was a pleasure to witness the change these gentlemen were seeking. It makes me want to do better.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]